Before Christ returns to set up his kingdom of peace, Satan will enter a mans body and present his counterfeit, the Antichrist, as the Messiah. This internationally defied dictator will inaugurate a world peace program which holds the world spellbound for 42 months or 3 and 1/2 years. When the world believes utopia has arrived, the bottom falls out. In the middle of the 7 year period known as "Tribulation Period", the Antichrist breaks all of his pledges and destroys his contractual obligations with Israel.
(Dan 9:27) And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
(1 Thes 5:3) For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
He will come out of an amalgamation of the Western Nation.
(Dan 9:26) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
He is cast into the lake of fire with the false prophet after Jesus Christ conquers him at Armageddon.
(Rev 19:20) And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Names attributed to Anti Christ
1. Little horn - (Dan 7:8) I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
The little horn arises out of the forth beast which represents "Rome". It’s likely the Antichrist will rise out of the Revived Roman Empire Currently known as the "EU" or "European Union". This term is also used of Antiochus Epiphanes.
(Dan 8:9) And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
2. King of fierce countenance - (Dan 8:23) And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
The Antichrist will be a cruel ruler, trampling men under foot with out the fear of God.
3. Willful king - (Dan 11:36) - And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
4. The Prince shall come -(Dan 9:26) And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
The people of the coming prince are the ones who will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The Romans destroyed the Temple in 70 A.D. under Titus seeming to identify the Antichrist as a Roman head of the revived Roman Empire.
5. The Man of Sin - Son of perdition; Meaning: Destruction, parish, die, (2 Thes 2:3)
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Not only does the Antichrist seek the destruction of others, but it is his own destiny. He is devoted to prediction for others, yet can’t escape it himself.
6. That Wicked One - (2 Thes 2:8) And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
Wicked is simply another form of the previously mentioned title "the man of sin" it is his proper name.
7. The Beast...out of the sea - (Rev 13:1) And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
The name describes both his character and his origin. He is a beast of prey like the one who empowers him.
(1 Pet 5:8) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
The sea is thought to be the sea of trouble nations.
(Isa 57:20) But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.