|« January 2018 »|
Total online: 1
White Horse of the Apocalypse
Rev.9:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
Let’s do a word study;
Bow – Toxon in Greek 5115
Appears a a simplest fabric, from base of 5088 Greek, bring forth, be delivered, be in travail.
Bow is a sign of strength, kingship, and leader.
Crown – Stephanos Greek 4735 a chaplet or a symbol of honor, but not more conspicuous and elaborate than the simplest fillet crown or Diadem #1238 in Greek worn by Christ in chapter 19.11
The Stephanos is a crown a chaplet, badge of royalty, prize in public like the Greeks worn in the Olympics when won a race.
NOTICE… 2 different crowns!
The view of those believing that Christ is on the White horse use
3 Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty.
4 And in thy majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.
5 Thine arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; whereby the people fall under thee.
There are problems with this;
A. The White horse simply portrays a military leader, not necessarily purity in heaven.
B The crown the rider wears is a victors crown, the kind awarded to an athelete who wins a race. In Rev. 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Jesus here wears a diadem, a kingly crown!!!
C Jesus is not the only person crowned in Revelation. The Antichrist is also pictured with crowns and as a conquerer.
D The Rider here is unnamed, the rider in Rev. 19:11 is clearly named and identified as Jesus.
E Psalm 45:3-5 celebrates a kings marriage, while Rev. Chapter 6 focuses on Judgments in the Tribulation Period. The two events are not necessarily connected.
F Since Jesus is opening the Seals in Rev. Chapter 6. It seems unlikely he would also be the rider who enters the scene at the command of the living creature, when
Zechariah 6:1-8 Clearly names the four riders as spirits.
1. And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass.
2. In the first chariot were red horses; and in the second chariot black horses;
3. And in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses.
4. Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord? 5. And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth.
6. The black horses which are therein go forth into the north country; and the white go forth after them; and the grisled go forth toward the south country.
7. And the bay went forth, and sought to go that they might walk to and fro through the earth: and he said, Get you hence, walk to and fro through the earth. So they walked to and fro through the earth.
8. Then cried he upon me, and spake unto me, saying, Behold, these that go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country.
Spirits are Angels!!!
Also the four horses here or strong steeds or chariots are in different order. First the Red, then black, and White followed him, then doppeled or greenish.
In Zechariah verses 6 and 7 clearly says the black is followed by the white and goes to the North. This is north of Jerusalem.
Why does the white horse go third and show restraint?
This can be found in 2 Thess. 2:6-8
6. And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
Yes all entered seen together in Rev.6:2 but were in different order in Zech 6:1-8.
It tells us not to be deceived inMattew 24:4-8
4. And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
6. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
7. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
8. All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Beginning of Sorrows is the Tribulation Period. Which means Jesus wont be here at that time. Only fake claims to his name will be.
Rev. 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
G. Hear we see the beast rise up out of the sea. Very next chapter
Rev. 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
This shows The Lamb (Jesus) Entering first time releasing the 144,000. This means Jesus was still in heaven.
Why I believe The Rider of the White horse in Rev 6:2 is the Anti Christ
The Antichrist is consistently pictured in scripture as a ruler who relies on the use of threat of military power to get his way. We see this in several verses.
7. After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.
8. I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
15. I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.
16. I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.
17. These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.
18. But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
19. Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
20. And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21. I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22. Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
36. And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
37. Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
38. But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.
39. Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.
40. And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
41. He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.
42. He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.
43. But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.
44. But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
45. And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.
1. And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
3. And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
5. And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9. If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10. He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
9. And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
11. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
12. And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
The Parallels between Jesus predictions about the tribulation in Matthew Chapter 24 and John’s prophecies in Rev Chapter 6 make it clear who this is.
2 Thess. 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
This clearly states God will destroy the wicked in
Rev. 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
2 Thess. 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
This mentions the evil one as Satan.
Lets look further…
1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
This mentions many antichrists’ will come and are told in Matt 24:4-8 NOT TO BELIEVE THEM!!!
Jesus clearly says that the early years of the Tribulation period would be marked by the rise of false messiahs, leaders who would claim to have the answers to the world problems.
But, among the counter fit Christ one man stands above the rest. The future world leader we call the Antichrist.
The picture of a peaceful conquerer fits with what we know from the rest of the scripture about the antichrist. Daniel predicted that he would confirm a covenant with many in Dan. 27:7 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
A 7 year peace treaty 1260 days or 3 ½ years of peace followed by kings of the north going against those at rest for the next 1260 days or 3 ½ years. The king of the north breaks peace treaty. This is Russia.
The worlds first glimpse of the Antichrist will be as a great peacemaker. He will succeed with a 7 yr. peace treaty when many presidents and diplomats have failed. Gives what the world wants. Peace and security (7 Year Peace Treaty) known as the Tribulation Period or time of Jacobs Trouble. Jer. 30:7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.
The Rider is not identified as the antichrist because this world leader is not revealed as the Beast until the middle of the Tribulation period when he takes over Israel’s temple. This is why the restraint in 2 Thess. 2:6-8, and why he is third in Zechariah 6:7-8.
In Zech 6:5 the four spirits are (Angels), therefore this rider can not be Jesus. As we see in Matthew 1:18, 20 18. Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
20. But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
(The Spirits were messengers of Jesus)
Holman Bible Dictionary meaning is… Maraculous conception.
Again came down on Jesus at His Baptism.
Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
Angel in Webster Dictionary… Guardian Spirit, Messenger of God.
Now we have proof that Spirits are Angels …
9. Then said I, O my lord, what are these? And the angel that talked with me said unto me, I will shew thee what these be.
10. And the man that stood among the myrtle trees answered and said, These are they whom the LORD hath sent to walk to and fro through the earth.
11. And they answered the angel of the LORD that stood among the myrtle trees, and said, We have walked to and fro through the earth, and, behold, all the earth sitteth still, and is at rest.
The Angels walk to and fro which are the Spirits.
Christ would be inappropriate at the opening of series which symbolizes bloodshed, famine pestilence, especially when God just called up the church to remove us from the wrath to come.
1 Thess. 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
Removing his church removed the spirit of God from the earth during Tribulation Period for the time of Jacob’s trouble, till the 144,000 return to preach salvation.
More proof Spirits are Angels…
Hebrews 1:13, 14
13. But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
14. Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
The Great Assembly. Those raptured with God and are with him during Tribulation Preparing for marriage supper while he is opening the scroll. Jesus is not here while we are there in heaven.
In 2 Thess. 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
Also in.. Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Jesus himself says we are all together which means he is not here on earth but with the church during the Great Assembly.